Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Motorcycle Diaries

Tomorrow, I take delivery of a new motorcycle. A 2007, Suzuki C50 Boulevard, to be exact. I will be wearing a helmet, because I am vain enough that I, at the very least, want my face to look good in my casket. I know, weird. If you knew me, you would understand. Mind you, I've now operated a motorcyle for less than 8 hours in a class I took last weekend. I suppose I will make several laps around the funeral home parking lot until I feel good enough to drive it 25 miles home. Again, if you knew me, you would understand. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Angela said...

you need to keep posting! i think we should start a family blog that everyone can access. what do you think? you better be careful on that thing! and do i get to ride it when i'm home in august!? love you lar-lar.

BumbleVee said...

I hope you will be wearing a helmet! Your noggin will pop like a tossed melon if you hit the ground even at low speeds...depending on which side of the bike you get tossed from. Not to mention how much it will take to repair your teeth if you survive with your brain intact enough to remember that you were once the owner of a beautiful smile......

If you ever witness how much facial damage can be caused by a stone flipped from the wheel of a semi...that in itself would send you shopping for a full face helmet..who cares if u ride a cruiser? just saying.......

Anyway.... love your bike... same colour as my little Vulcan...I didn't get to ride all of last season as I had a broken foot and ankle... hope I can get some miles on this summer. I can't get out til late April or May and even then must be veery vigilant til the road crews get the sand and gravel cleared....its like riding on marbles...