Sunday, January 06, 2008

Is that the wind I hear?

I rode my bike into work today. No, not my bicycle, I'm not insane (too far), but the motorcycle. I have missed riding so much (because it's so damn cold) that I thought the 30 mph wind gusts would be "no big deal". Dee tried to tell me as I was getting dressed that I might want to step outside. I told her I could hear the wind and it wasn't that bad. First of all, if you can hear the wind, it is bad. No matter. I got all my gear on, got out in the barn and started her up. I got down to the corner, turned south. All was well, what a pleasant ride, I was telling myself. Got to Britton Road and thought I may as well cut across now since I work about 20 miles west. I make the turn, cruise up to about 60 and wham! Holy mother of God. 30 mph wind is apparently plenty windy. I could barely hear my ipod it was so windy (yes, I know that's illegal). I'm hanging on for dear life, thinking that this was indeed a stupid idea. And, in the back of my mind, I hear Dee saying, you might want to step outside. Well, I finally made it after trying to criss-cross south and west as much as I could to take a break from the wind. When I got to work, I called Dee and she said, "How was the ride?" "PERFECT" I said, "not that windy". Damn, 5 o'clock is going to be here before I know it. Better start praying now......

2 comments:

Becky said...

That sounds like something I would do. It is hard going without riding much in the winter. Sometimes you just have to prove to yourself that it's OK not to ride. Hope you've warmed up by now!

Bikerchickz

Ronman said...

HAHAHAHA......that's too funny.

Ronman