Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Happy Anniversary!

Ten years ago today, I got licensed as a Funeral Director/Embalmer. Good grief, am I that old? All in all, it's been a good ten years. I estimate I've probably met with 1,000 families, worked 1,200 funerals and embalmed 1,500 bodies. Not bad for a decade of work. If it wasn't supposed to be stormy this afternoon, I'd probably treat myself with a ride after work. But, riding is NOT FUN in the rain, so I will wait. There is a ride this weekend ~ Ride for the Cure, I won't make it because I'll be burying the dead, but I may make the after party.... I'll keep my fingers crossed!

3 comments:

Becky said...

I think you have a cool profession. Congratulations for 10 years. You must be a strong person to handle what you do, but someone has to do it. Is it all you thought it would be?

Bikerchickz

The Foof said...

Becky,
I don't know how strong I am, I do know I have a sick sense of humor (we all do). It's all I hoped for, and more. I really love it.

Ronman said...

Congratulations on the start of your career. Years ago I thought about getting into that line of work as well. I would even hang out at the local funeral home. I just ran across your blog over at Becky's place. How could I not read a blog titled "get this creepy monkey off me"?

Oh I'm a Patricia Cornwell fan too. Though I must admit I was not happy with the ending of Predator. I felt she rushed everything together at the end.

Nice to meet you,

Ronman